Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Multiplication of complex signals in GRC

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Multiplication of complex signals in GRC
Date: Thu, 08 May 2014 10:53:06 +0200

I think you are confused because you're doing the math on paper with
real sin/cos functions. The complex signal sources produce complex
oscillations ($s_f(t)=e^{j2\pi f t}$), which do not have symmetrical
spectrum.
Do the math with the exponential function; it get's easier than what you
have to do to prove the real intermodulation signals, and you clearly
see that $s_a s_b = s_{a+b}$.

Greetings,
Marcus