Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] I have a trouble with new types in python!

From: Activecat
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] I have a trouble with new types in python!
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 21:53:18 +0800

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 9:33 PM, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 8:48 AM, Marcus Müller <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Activecat,
On 08.05.2014 14:14, Activecat wrote:
> Anyone correct me if I am wrong.
>
> In xml file we use the Python data types.
well, kind of. The XML is just being parsed by GRC to validate the input
of a field, color things etc.
However, there are only mappings in grc/python/Param.py for the
correctly wrappable python types.
You won't be able to have a let's say some Python class as param type in
GRC.

Greetings,
Marcus

Yes, GRC isn't a complete language and doesn't implement things like it is. There are only a subset of possible data types. Using "gr_modtool add" to create a new block nicely gives you a lot of hints in the XML file it builds for you, including a list of all possible data types.

Tom

That is very clear.
Thank you very much.