Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CDMA-UMTS protocol implementation with USRP1

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CDMA-UMTS protocol implementation with USRP1
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 10:11:12 -0400

On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 7:20 PM, Marcus Müller <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Usman,

going from deploying an already existing GSM basestation software to implementing a complete standard is a huge step.
Also, USRP1 is almost certainly not the device I'd chose for that task -- in can shuffle a maximum of 8MS/s over USB, and you need 5MS/s for up- and downlink each for UMTS-CDMA.

From your choice of mailing list, I'd presume you want to use GNU Radio. So get your communication engineering textbooks ready, refresh what you know about digital baseband signal processing, and learn how to use and extend GNU Radio software on the gnuradio.org website, especially on the tutorials.

Greetings,
Marcus

But, if you want a start at the phy layer using CDMA, Achilleas' gr-cdma might be a good place to start:

https://github.com/anastas/gr-cdma

Tom