Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Calling functions from flowgraph ?

From: Activecat
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Calling functions from flowgraph ?
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 00:07:54 +0800

Please stay on the list.

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 11:42 PM, Abouda Yassine <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,
Well,in fact that is not my question.I am going to explain with an example let's say I am using a random source which generates numbers between 0 and 255,and store them
in a file sink.Then I would like to output the numbers above 100 in terminal.So I am going to need a small function containing an if condition.Suppose I wrote this function in a seperate python file and i would like to import it from the flowgraph without using the generated file you talked about(top_block.py).Is that possible?Does the GRC offer this kind of functionality.I hope that I you get the idea.

regards,
yassine

The top_block.py is a valid python file, you could amend it accordingly to include additional "import XXX" statement, as long as it is valid in python language.

In this case you have to edit the top_block.py by hand, this cannot be done from the GRC.

Hope this answers your question.