Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Issues with syncing two USRPs!

From: eldarymli
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Issues with syncing two USRPs!
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 19:18:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your reply.

> Do you know what kind of Ethernet controller is on your ports?   Are
> they 82579LM by any chance?

My Ethernet controller is Broadcom NetXtreme 57XX
http://www.broadcom.com/support/ethernet_nic/downloaddrivers.php
<http://www.broadcom.com/support/ethernet_nic/downloaddrivers.php>

> You *have* to make certain that Network Manager isn't trying to
> automatically assigned addresses on those cards, since it will try, and
 >  then take them out of service if it doesn't get a DHCP address
> assignment.

Yes, I 'unmanaged' the two Ethernet connections pertaining to the two
N200's. I can confirm that by going to the 'network manager' in Ubuntu where
it shows that they are 'unmanaged'. Then, in the 'interfaces' file I define
the following:

auto eth3
iface eth3 inet static
address 192.168.10.1
netmask 255.255.255.0
pre-up ethtool -s eth3 speed 1000 duplex full autoneg off

auto eth4
iface eth4 inet static
address 192.168.20.1
netmask 255.255.255.0
pre-up ethtool -s eth3 speed 1000 duplex full autoneg off

I tried it both with and without the 'pre-up' line shown above without any
success.

If it is a networking issue, is there any thing else you recommend?

Can it be an issue of compatibility since one device is N200 Rev 2.0 and the
other is N200 Rev 4.0?

BTW, I tried to use an external signal generator (not the LFTX installed
onboard one of the two N200's) to feed both the LFRX receivers, and I used
one USRP Source in GRC. The four channels worked just fine.

The problem is there when only using the LFTX (i.e., installed on one of the
N200's) simultaneously with the *four* receive channels.

Thanks,
Khalid