Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Phase measurement with Ettus Research N210

From: Daniele Nicolodi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Phase measurement with Ettus Research N210
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 01:02:36 +0200

Thanks for the answers.

I didn't think that the sine wave in the FPGA were generated with an
integer phase accumulator (I don't know much about how signal processing
is done in FPGAs).  If this is the case, as I understand from Stephen
email, now I know where the frequency error comes from.

On the other hand, I think that the fact that the sine is computed via
the CORDIC method may introduce numerical errors in the amplitude only,
which would not result in a frequency systematic error.

Cheers,
Daniele