[Discuss-gnuradio] CMake 3.0.0 is out ...

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] CMake 3.0.0 is out ...
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 08:05:33 -0400

CMake 3.0.0 has lots of bug fixes from the last release (2.8.12), and it also
contains a number of policy changes.  The primary ones that effect GNU Radio's
build system are in (1) using a name before it is declared (e.g.,
'gnuradio-runtime', which is used for 'test-gnuradio-pmt' before
'gnuradio-runtime' is declared); and (2) trying to find the location of a
non-declared name (e.g., '/usr/bin/python' is not something in the current
build, and thus has no 'location' associated with it).  That said: (1) None of
the policy changes seem to effect the actual build or anything else; they can
be treated as warnings instead of errors.  (2) The actual build still seems to
work as it did before; CMake 3.0.0 seems to be more of a new numbering rather
than a major set of API changes.  So, mostly good news.  Since I'm working on
updating the CMake build to work more robustly, I'll see if I can fix these
issues too. - MLD