Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Difficulty with File Meta Source block

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Difficulty with File Meta Source block
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 09:30:29 -0400

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 9:22 AM, dushyant.marathe <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

I want to use "File Meta source" & "File Meta sink" block from Gnu Radio.

My flow graph configuration is as follows : signal source (sine wave) ->
throttle -> Meta file sink (Output.out)

Using above configuration I am able to write meta file (Output.out) with
header information.
But I want to see / separate the header information & data from this file
(Output.out). I am not able to do so.

To do this, I tried to use "File Meta source" block but I am finding
difficult to understand it.

Please help me out with "File Meta source" block & how to separate the
header & data from meta file ?

My objective is to separate out header and data/samples from .wav file.

Thanks & Regards,
Dushyant

Have you looked at the manual page describing the metadata file structure?

http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/page_metadata.html

It shows you how to use a tool that comes with GNU Radio that reads the header information out.

Tom