Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to reset the phase for subsequent sweeps from

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to reset the phase for subsequent sweeps from VCO?
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 21:57:20 +0200

Hi Khalid,

the VCO is phase-continous, so the starting phase of your sweep should be continous with the end phase of your last sweep.
The block does not offer a way to reset its phase; out of the top of my head there's also no easy "workaround" for this, only rather complex solutions like constantly calculating the argument of the vco output, sample_and_hold that argument on the sawtooth minimum, and dividing the VCO output by the output of phase_modulator with the  sampled value as input (which should shift everything by the -phase(t=t_sawtooth_minimum) ).

I think it might be easier for you to just copy the functionality of vco_fc, but that would require programming a block in C++ or python (preferably C++, because you could just copy&paste 90% of the functionality from the original vco_fc.h, vco_fc_impl.{cc,h}), and I don't know if that suits your level of GNU Radio knowledge.

With best regards,
Marcus Müller