Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Why am I dropping data over the UDP network?

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Why am I dropping data over the UDP network?
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 15:01:50 -0400

On 07/15/2014 02:58 PM, Ward, Marcus D. wrote:
And the firmware in the device matches the UHD you have? Based on my structure,
the firmware should be matching (since when I did the flow graph with the UDP,
everything went fine except for data loss) and correct me if I'm wrong, but an
error would come on saying that the firmware is not compatible?
A very-old firmware/FPGA image with a modern UHD may yield a "I can't find the device" error, such as you've seen.

Assuming that there's nothing *else* on the network connection between the host
computer and the USRP device, that's the only thing I can think
    of that might cause it to be pingable, but UHD can't communicate with it,
unless you have firewall rules preventing communications at the
    UHD layer...

I'll dig into it more to see what else I can come up with.

Thank You,
Marcus

On the machine that has the USRP connected  (presumable this is a N2xx or
USRP2?), what does:

ping 192.168.10.2

return?

Ping 192.168.10.2 is returning data

what does uhd_usrp_probe --args "addr=192.168.10.2"

Return?

   This returns an error message:
RuntimeError: LookupError: KeyError: No devices found for -------->
Device Address: