Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Analog video modulation.

From: Ron Economos
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Analog video modulation.
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 22:07:44 -0700

All video decoders use the YCbCr colorspace. You'll need
to convert that to YIQ for NTSC.

You can create a YCbCr file with vlc.

vlc -I rc <file to decode> -V yuv --yuv-file=<output file> --yuv=chroma=UYVY

This will create a YCbCr file with 4:2:2 chroma in the format
Cb Y Cr Y Cb Y Cr Y .......

vlc does put a header and frame markers in the file. I don't know
if that can be disabled.

YCbCr files only contain the active video (720x480 for NTSC). You'll
have to create and insert the vertical and horizontal blanking.

Ron