Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC] Co-Processors Update #7

From: Alfredo Muniz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC] Co-Processors Update #7
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 12:22:47 -0700

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 11:50 AM, Jonathan M. Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
Are there status flags you could use (e.g., fifo empty/full) to control resources in the FFTC context?

Well, by resources I mean the permissions and segments of memory (queues, descriptors) set by the server for the clients to use. The problem is that during ARM boot, the kernel initializes a queue manager and sets some resources and permissions for the DSP to use as described in global resource lists and server policies in device tree files. I'm conflicting with these resources when I try to run the FFTC as evidenced by the errors that tell me i don't have the proper permissions. I changed a couple things and I'm probably really close to getting it working but the turbo decoder is so much easier to setup and configure (and has more interesting applications) that I think this switch is worth it. You can find more info the resource manager here http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/MCSDK_UG_Chapter_Developing_System_Mgmt#Resource_Manager

Or did I misunderstand the questions?