[Discuss-gnuradio] Realtime Scheduling Problem

From: Sabathy Mischa
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Realtime Scheduling Problem
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 13:13:02 +0000

Dear All,

I am running GNU Radio 3.7.3 on a Debian Wheezy System with XFCE Desktop.

In the setup I have, a USRP N210 with a SBX daughterboard is used. The USRP samples at 25 MSPS and pretty big processing chain in GNU Radio takes place, which uses about 40 percent of every of the total 8 CPUS.

The realtime Scheduling worked once I did the steps described in the UHD.

This worked now for several days.

Yesterday I tried to restart the GNURadio script, no error regarding realtime scheduling appeared or any other one, but only one CPU was used.

Of course this was not enough so I lost many samples.

Once I changed “realtime scheduling” to “off” it worked again. The only command I did in between was a sudo apt-get update which normally only updates the packet list.

A restart of the PC did not helped. So at the moment I have no realtime scheduling, but it seems to work so far.

Can anybody help me with this? Do I have to recompile GNU Radio? Had somebody a similar issue? Realtime scheduling is only to maximize the guarantee to get enough CPU resources right?

Thanks for the replies.

BR

Mischa