Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Messages and flow-graph termination

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Messages and flow-graph termination
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 10:48:10 -0400

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 9:36 AM, Daniele Nicolodi <address@hidden> wrote:
On 30/07/2014 15:27, Tom Rondeau wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 7:50 AM, Daniele Nicolodi <address@hidden
> <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     as soon as I introduce a pair of block publishing and consuming
>     messages, the GNURadio scheduler (version 3.7.2) does not terminate the
>     execution of the flow-graph when the stream sources signal the end of
>     the stream.
>
>     This is also reflected in how the test case qa_python_message_passing
>     checks for the termination of the execution.
>
>     Is this by design, is it a known limitation, or is it a bug?
>
>     Cheers,
>     Daniele
>

> Yes, this is a know bug fixed in 3.7.4. See the release notes under
> "Important Bug Fixes and Improvements":
> http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/ChangeLogV3_7_4

Hello Tom,

thanks, I missed it from the release notes.

There is a known workaround to stop execution of the flow-graph?

Thanks. Cheers,
Daniele

Sure, the patch is in current version :)

It was actually somewhat complicated to fix, though, but you could potentially cherry-pick it onto your local source. Otherwise, I don't think there is a good workaround. You'd have to have some streaming components. You could try to add a streaming port into a null sink or something stupid like that...

Tom