Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute "BLOCK NAME"
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2014 16:51:22 -0400

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 4:54 AM, Simone Ciccia S210664 <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi at all,
I have some problem in running simulation of a block on gnuradio.
I have developed a simple block, .cc, .h, .i and .xml file attouched here.
All code is compile with success cmake/make/make install/ldconfig
but when I place the block in gnuradio, running the simulation I get

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/simone/Scrivania/top_block.py", line 155, in <module>
    tb = top_block()
  File "/home/simone/Scrivania/top_block.py", line 106, in __init__
    self.agcs_newblock_0 = agcs.newblock()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'newblock'

Who is related this error?
Have I bad configured some file?

Thanks in advance,
Simone Ciccia

Were you using gr_modtool for this? That will help ensure that everything is added to the build system to be installed correctly.

Otherwise, it's possible that you've installed it into a different prefix than GNU Radio and haven't told GNU Radio where the new blocks are supposed to be, such as by setting PYTHONPATH.

Tom