Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Realtime Scheduling Problem

From: Sabathy Mischa
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Realtime Scheduling Problem
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 11:17:08 +0000

I found out what caused my problem.

Indeed it was a problem with the number of filter taps.

This is the status:

-          In the past three weeks it worked with a high number of taps in realtime mode.

-          This changed, only non-realtime mode but with same qty of taps was working after the three weeks.

-          This changed again today, I changed to half number of taps and it worked again once even in realtime mode.

-          I had to restart it and again it stopped again working. I had to half the number of taps again to make it work.

(btw the filtering happens in the resampler)

So in the past it worked with four times higher number of taps and now this is not anymore possible. In the OS nothing changed (no updates or additional packets).

Does somebody has an idea what causes this? Restarts of the PC didn’t help.

Thanks for replies.

Mischa