[Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Python execution from C++

From: mark.w.christiansen
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Python execution from C++
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 13:43:50 +0000

I want to start up and control GNU Radio top_block.py from a C++ class I have
written. My thought was to execlp() python on the top_block.py file. I run into
a problem because I do not have a good way to kill GNU Radio from my class
short of sending a SIGINT. How do you recommend I do things?

I'm somewhat new to GNU Radio and Python and imagine there are better way to do
things. I realize I can code my radios directly by coding in C++ or Python, but
I want to allow users to run GRC GUI to define the radios so I want to use the
GRC file to describe the radio and generate the Python file using grcc.