Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GR, USRP, and GPIB measurements

From: Gayathri Ramasubramanian
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GR, USRP, and GPIB measurements
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 17:08:53 -0700

Hi

Thank you for your note.

I am trying to get the power of received signal using the blocks you had suggested previously.
I have attached a flow graph snapshot ('uhd_fft_DK.grc.png").

I am using the UHD:USRP Source to receive the signal which in turn sends the signal in the foll path
"complex to Mag^2" block --> "integrate and decimate" block -->  "10 log +k"  block---> "signal probe" block.

However there are errors mainly referring to the in-compatible I/O sizes of source (complex to Mag ^2 block) and sink (Integrate and Decimate block).

The I/O size of "Complex_Mag^2" block is said to be 4096, while the I/p size of i"ntegrate and decimate" block is 4. ==> error as not compatible.
Should I change the Vector length? I am not quite sure?
The error propagates to other blocks if I change anything.

Kindly help solve this.

I have also attached another flowgraph (flowgraph screenshot.png) which works but it doesn't have the "integrate and Decimate" block or the Log10+K block but it works and receives the signal (developed by someone else previously in our lab). Now since the "Log10+K" block is missing, does it mean the output is given in mwatts instead of dBm?
I cant seem to use this version on as the "probe_signal_vector" block does not seem to be supported in GRC 3.6.4.1 which is the version in my system.

I tried using simple probe_signal block instead but again faced the I/o size incompatibility error?  Is there a work around for this "probe signal vector" block?

Also could you explain briefly how to approach and solve there I/o size errors.

Look forward to your response

Thanks
Gayathri