Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Dropped stream tags with mm & pfb clock recovery/

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Dropped stream tags with mm & pfb clock recovery/sync blocks
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 11:15:49 -0400

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 8:08 AM, Alexander Bothe <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Martin,

as the test source file is about 1.3mb I uploaded everything to the
following URL:
http://sys.cs.uos.de/gnuradio/

There you will find 3 files:
in:             float trace previously captured
check.py:       script to run the tests
check_md5.py:   script to compute and compare the resulting md5 hashes

Executing
./check.py --test pfb in
will perform 100 iterations and create 100 out files out_n (each about
220kb) for the pfb test case.

After it has finished you can run
./check_md5.py
This will calculate the md5 sums of the previously created files. It
will print a summary of unique md5 sums and create a file called md5
containing some details (file, md5, size).

You should get more than one md5 sum/file size as a result after one
run, but you might need to increase the number of iterations or perform
it 2-3 times.

For reference you can also use the "io" or "mm" test case, which should
produce deterministic results.

Regards
 Alexander

By the way, I looked at the example you sent here, and I see what you mean. The signal you have in that file is pretty simple, though, and we should be able to get it to lock. But I'm not seeing proper behavior out of the system. I haven't spent much more time then verifying things, though, and suspect I won't find time in the near future, unfortunately.

In other words, I get your point about the behavior. These problems tend to result from improper settings of the block. But if you figure out a patch that works for you, send it along and we'll look into it.

Tom