Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] beginner

From: Levente Kovacs
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] beginner
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 23:35:46 +0200

On Sun, 31 Aug 2014 10:13:08 -0700 (PDT)
madengr <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have not seen a whole PSK31 modem implemented.
>
> Looks like there is a decoder here:
> https://github.com/bitglue/gr-psk31
>
> and here:
> http://sdradventure.wordpress.com/2011/10/15/gnuradio-psk31-decoder-part-1/

Thenks, I'll look into it later.

> I experimented with an encoder here:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IzxZKL2uUE

Yes, I saw that.

> It would be allot more work writing the GUI front end than the actual
> GR portion of the modem; probably why it has not been done.

My initial thought is that I feed the decoded bits to a TCP sink, and I write
a GUI in C, that listens on that particular TCP port. Unix socket would be
nicer, but I can't find a unix domain socket sink/source.

Is there any other way to get data and feed to other C application?

73! de HA5OGL

--
Levente Kovacs
CTO, CSO