Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to create a custom header derived from packet

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to create a custom header derived from packet_header_default.h
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 17:25:27 +0200

On 09/03/2014 05:21 PM, Andrew Burger wrote:
I am trying to create a custom header format derived from
packet_header_default.h.
I am also doing this in an out of tree module src structure.

I have successfully got it to compile the c++ code but it now fails
when I try to add the swig lines into the
cmake class. I am new to cmake and unclear on how to fix it.

 From the python code I get the following message

NameError: packet_header_myproject is not define

If someone has an example or a tutorial on this would be great.

 From packet_header_default.h
* This is a default packet header (see header_formatter()) for a description
* on the header format). To create other header, derive packet header creator
* classes from this function.

I did this for my 802.11 module. Maybe it helps

https://github.com/bastibl/gr-ieee802-11/blob/master/swig/ieee802_11_swig.i#L25

Best,
Bastian