[Discuss-gnuradio] [coproc] Domains

From: Sylvain Munaut
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] [coproc] Domains
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 09:19:49 -0400

Hi,

Yesterday during the coproc wg, I wrote this small snippets to
illustrate what I meant. It uses C idioms and not C++ ones and I also
didn't consider multiport but hopefully it gets my points accross.

http://pastebin.com/XE5Usi2C

And when I look at it, it might actually be more straightforward to do
something like that in GR than I originally though. (But then again,
I'm not all familiar with the internals).

- Split gr::block into two classes, a 'base one' that contains really
just the base stuff and none of the stuff that's needed for host
execution (so ... almost nothing). Then a subblass of it that adds
everything that's needed to run all the current host blocks.

- Replace the current 'connect' method with the

- Add a few book keeping method to the flow graph to register domains and such.

This also looks pretty orthogonal to the buffer management
improvements that have been raised during the sessions since in the
first incarnation of this concept, buffer management would purely be a
'host' domain thing.

Anyway, just my 2ct :p

Cheers,

     Sylvain