Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] stop() and wait() on topblock does not work on OS

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] stop() and wait() on topblock does not work on OS X
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 12:25:07 -0400

On Sep 25, 2014, at 10:22 AM, Stefan Oltmanns <address@hidden> wrote:
> Unfortunately I do not have any other hardware than two different RTL
> devices (one with E4000 tuner and one with R820T).
> I attached the most simple program to reproduce that error, it just
> connects the OsmoSDR source with a null sink, starts the flowgraph,
> waits a second and then stops it and exit.
> Working fine on Linux and Windows, but not on OS X (10.9), program never
> returns. Same problem with all stuff (boost/libusb...) self build or
> installed using ports.
> Is someone able to find the bug?

I compiled your code using
{{{
c++ -O2 -I/opt/local/include -L/opt/local/lib -lgnuradio-osmosdr
-lgnuradio-runtime -lgnuradio-blocks -lboost_system-mt -Wall -o osmo_test
osmo_test.cc
}}}
then tried it using the following devices without issues (returns cleanly),
using MacPorts for all of the software installs, running on OSX 10.8.5 (latest
updates), Xcode 5.1.1 (Build version 5B1008):

+ HackRF Jawbreaker
+ NooElec R820T
+ ER B210

I'll try on 10.9 shortly, since maybe this is an OS specific issue. - MLD