[Discuss-gnuradio] CGRAN down indefinitely, but hopefully not for long (

From: George Nychis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] CGRAN down indefinitely, but hopefully not for long (want feedback)
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 11:01:06 -0700

The machine that runs CGRAN down in some basement somewhere at Carnegie Mellon has hit some issues again.  Given that I'm no longer at the university, these issues are becoming harder for me to address.  At this point, it's probably best for CGRAN to "move on" as we've all been in discussion about over time.

What I can do if everyone still finds CGRAN useful is:

   1.  Provide a more reliable host and machine for it
   2.  Update it to be more useful to the community (e.g., more towards git)

It still gets a lot of hits (~16,000 a month) and every time it goes down people hunt me down and ask when it's coming back up.  So it seems as though the community still uses it.

I can update it with Pybombs or Gitlib or whatever people feel is appropriate.  It can be more of a portal page even, without a repository if most people just use Github now anyway.  Do people still like it is a standalone service, or is it better to just "roll it in" to the GNU Radio webpage somewhere now?  I want to do whatever the community finds is most useful.

Thanks!
George