Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New to Gnuradio, couple of questions

From: Jeff Long
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New to Gnuradio, couple of questions
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 16:53:05 -0400

Gerry,

It will probably take a bunch of experimentation to find something that works. Since you're probably interested in the very beginning of the signal, you'll need to do power detection in parallel with a delayed version of the signal so you trigger in time. Look up some of the following blocks:

- Delay
- RMS
- Burst Tagger
- Tagged File Sink

Since you're capturing fairly short events, try recording bursts at full capture bandwidth (e.g., 1 MHz) to files, then do post processing as a second step. Find or make up some test signals to feed your flowgraph so you can work on it in good weather.

- Jeff