Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CGRAN down indefinitely, but hopefully not for lo

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CGRAN down indefinitely, but hopefully not for long (want feedback)
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 15:44:19 -0700

Marcus,  I like the idea of an uber-repo with external submodules.  That would mean these submodules could link to a repo we could provide the user, a repo they already have on github, or a repo they have on some other external server.  But in the end, our uber repo would point to all of them and then they could update the commit that external submodule points to over time.  Thanks for that suggestion.

Rick, thanks for this suggestion also!  I will make sure that we are able to include some sort of snapshot.  When you say snapshot here, does that act as some sort of release or history?  It must be different than a tag, since you say tags are part of a snapshot.  Can you give me an example snapshot provided by some other service?