[Discuss-gnuradio] Connecting an output to multiple input

From: Mostafa Alizadeh
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Connecting an output to multiple input
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 19:31:30 +0330

Hello GNURadioers!

I have a block (blck #1) connected to multiple of blocks. Here I have two blocks' (call blck #2 and blck #3) connected to blck #1 output.

I'm confused when I saw nitems_read of blck #2 and #3 aren't the same, say 1000 items are read by blck #2 and 155000 items read by blck #3 after sometimes. I know the processing chain of blck #2 and blck #3 is so different which causes a low rate of reading items by blck #2 rather than blck #3 can read so faster.

My question is why? why is this happening? Both of blck #2 & 3 are reading from one output port?

Any idea?

Best,
Mostafa