[Discuss-gnuradio] iir_filter does not work with specified feedback taps

From: Alex Zhang
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] iir_filter does not work with specified feedback taps?
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 19:08:53 -0500

Hi All,

Any guys who ever used IIR filters? I got problems as below:

I want the IIR filter works as:
y[n] = 1.8*x[n] + 0.8*y[n-1]
Then I set the feed forward taps as [1.8], feeback taps as [0.8], just like
self.iir_filter_xxx_0 = filter.iir_filter_ffd(([1.8]), ([0.8]), True)

But my testing result show that the feedback taps are not involved in computing at all, thus my output turns to
y[n] = 1.8*x[n]

I don't know anything wrong happened to my usage...
Need help. Thanks

--

Alex,