[Discuss-gnuradio] CPU Affinity vs Hier Blocks

From: Iain Young, G7III
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] CPU Affinity vs Hier Blocks
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 17:51:32 +0000

Hi Folks,

A quick question on CPU affinity when using hier blocks. I can set the
affinity in each of the blocks that makes up the heir block, but I can
also set it once I instantiate my hier block in my main flowgraph.

Anyone know the behaviour in this case ? If I leave all the blocks
within the heir block with no CPU affinity defined, will they inherit
what I configure in the heir block itself ?

If I put a CPU affinity on those blocks within the heir block, I guess
that would be honoured over what I configure for the hier block itself ?

Can anyone confirm ? I'm doing some multiple frequency RX, with
identical receive chains, which I'd like to put into a hier block, thus
simplifying my main flowgraph, but keep all processing for that chain on
one CPU

Iain