[Discuss-gnuradio] rpc server setup

From: Jared Dulmage
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] rpc server setup
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 10:52:23 -0800

GR nation,

My first attempt at this question was foiled by my e-mail program's insistance
on sending html.  I apologize for the repeat.

I am interested in using controlport for monitoring, debug, and control of a
flowgraph as part of a larger distributed signal processing system.  I'm
currently running GR 3.7.4 so I still have Ice but the rest of my system uses
zeromq.  I'd like to remain consistent and I'd like to have something
independent of the GR version (Ice seems to have been removed from later
versions).  The controlport documentation states that it's agnostic to the rpc
framework, but I cannot figure out how one would use a service other than
through Ice.  In fact I can't even find where the Ice server is setup in the
flowgraph and how the server discovers the registered rpcs from each block.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jared.