[Discuss-gnuradio] Associate .grc with gnuradio-companion

From: Richard Bell
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Associate .grc with gnuradio-companion
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 09:28:02 -0800

It seems that the pybomb install process doesn't associate .grc files with gnuradio-companion. I've installed it on two computers with that result now. I've done some reading on the issue, and I understand I have to do something with a .desktop file to get gnuradio-companion to be included in the 'open with' list in Ubuntu. I'm having trouble figuring out what to do with it, however.

Can someone explain the steps needed to associate .grc files with gnuradio so they will automatically open with gnuradio-companion when I double click them in Ubuntu 14.04.

Appreciated,
Rich