Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QT GUI on low resolution display

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QT GUI on low resolution display
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 11:01:38 -0500

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 8:09 PM, Jim Larsen <address@hidden> wrote:
I want to create a frequency spectrum display with a center frequency control
on a 800 x 480 LCD display. When I use the QT GUI Frequency Sink with a
slider underneath, the slider scale goes off the bottom of the screen. Is it
possible to reduce the height of the QT GUI Frequency display? The WX GUI
FFT sink has a window size parameter.

Regards,

Jim

For reasons which go back to the original qtsink work that we brought in, we've never made the window size and available option. The gui widgets are made up of other widgets that also have minimum window sizes before they run into problems, too. But for the newer style (time, freq, constellation, etc.), there are fewer of these to be a problem, so we can probably look into shrinking the minimum widget size.

Tom