[Discuss-gnuradio] Recording external events timestamps

From: Daniele Nicolodi
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Recording external events timestamps
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 13:52:34 +0100

Hello,

I have an application where I acquire and process data through GNURadio
while I modify some system parameters via slow controls (USB, GPIB, or
network interfaces) handled in a separate python thread.

I would like to be able to relate the data saved by the GNURadio flow
graph execution to the external parameters changes. What is the best way
of achieving this?

I can think to a few possible solutions: one possibility could be to
extract sample timing from the GNURadio data stream at the time of the
parameters change and record it independently, another could be to
inject tags into the GNURadio data stream. In both cases I don't really
know how the implementation would look like.

Ideas?

Thanks. Cheers,
Daniele