Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] trouble reexecuting a microphone audio source

From: madengr
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] trouble reexecuting a microphone audio source
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 07:51:20 -0700 (MST)

Huh, good question, I just use CTRL-C for GR programs launched from the
terminal, and had no issues with hardware.  If you set the GRC option block
to NO GUI, I don't recall if it even runs the flow; it may just generate the
top_block.py and you must manually launch from the terminal.

In general, you don't want a peak value of 1.0 into any hardware sink; need
to back it off some.

Anyway:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/TutorialsWritePythonApplications
"That's all there is to create a flow graph. The last 5 lines do nothing but
start the flow graph (line 22). The try and except statements simply make
sure the flow graph (which would otherwise run infinitely) are stopped when
Ctrl+C is pressed (which triggers a KeyboardInterrupt Python exception)."

Lou

Thomas Early wrote