[Discuss-gnuradio] pipe data from GRC through shell command (like gr-pip

From: M Dammer
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] pipe data from GRC through shell command (like gr-pipe in 3.6) ?
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 17:03:22 +0000

I want to pipe data from GRC "through" a command running in the linux shell. I found gr-pipe on github, but it seems to be for 3.6 only. Until now I have used file sinks / sources and FIFOs, but this is inconvenient as FIFOs have to be created and things have to happen at a specific place in the filesystem. I'd rather find a way to directly connect to STDIO of a given command.
thanks Mark