Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Doppler simulator

From: Saul E.
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Doppler simulator
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 10:45:07 +0100

First of all, I want to thank you for your answer.

Then, It is correct? (for a simple simulation of 1k, 2k and 3k Hz of doppler shift)

Thank you.
Saul E.

Hi Saul,

a doppler shift is, mathematically speaking, nothing more than a multiplication with a complex sine, so use a multiply block and a signal source per simulated sattelite.

Now, you might want to update your doppler shift according to a simulated sattelite's position. I recommend having a look at PyEphem[1], which offers you calculational routines for such things, and writing your own python block[2] to generate the complex sine.

Greetings,
Marcus

[1] http://rhodesmill.org/pyephem/
[2] http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Guided_Tutorials ; go through tutorials 1, 2, 3