[Discuss-gnuradio] BER over air

From: Mostafa Alizadeh
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] BER over air
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 13:36:05 +0330

Hello all,

BER (Bit Error Rate) measurement isn't a cumbersome task which is realizable for each system with transmitting a known sequence of bits and take them @ a receiver which translates BER measurement into a simple comparison.

I have a question regarding how it's possible to measure SNR @ an Rx with a USRP? In fact to obtain a graph of BER vs SNR I need to measure SNR !

I didn't find anything specific to this question. However, I've heard it's possible to estimate an initial SNR in Rx by accounting noise figure of the USRP, then by changing the transmitter's power, different SNRs can be seen at Rx.

Any idea please!?

Best,
Mostafa

Department of Electrical Engineering