[Discuss-gnuradio] Gr-Specest: window not passed?

From: Ludwig Stephan (CR/AEH4)
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gr-Specest: window not passed?
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 14:17:11 +0000

Hello Moritz,
Hello List,

I might have found some unintended behaviour in gr-specest. I claim that the
content of const std::vector<float> &window is not passed in the constructor,
if called by the GRC block. I cannot explain why and ask for hints on how to
correct the behavior. I could supply a patch then.

Consider the enclosed diff against the git version of lib/Welch_impl.cc, which
basically adds some debugging output. Running this with the original GRC block,
I get the following output:

Window created; size: 2048 (which is my FFT size) => the make(..int
window_type..) function works correctly
specest_check_arguments_impl::window.size() = 0 => this make(..., const
std::vector<float> &window) does not get the window's values
Constructor: 0 => the constructor(..., const std::vector<float> &window) does
not get the window's values, either

I suppose that this has something to do with the call-by-reference  of const
std::vector, but I cannot explain why.

Can you confirm this behavior? Could you please help me finding a solution for
this an let me fix it?

Best regards

 Stephan Ludwig

Robert Bosch GmbH
Corporate Sector Research & Advance Engineering, Communication Technology
(CR/AEH4)
Renningen
70465 Stuttgart
GERMANY
www.bosch.com

Tel. +49(711)811-8809
Fax +49(711)811-1052
Mobile +49(172)5630639
address@hidden

Registered Office: Stuttgart, Registration Court: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB
14000;
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Franz Fehrenbach; Managing Directors: Dr.
Volkmar Denner,
Dr. Stefan Asenkerschbaumer, Dr. Rolf Bulander, Dr. Stefan Hartung, Dr. Dirk
Hoheisel, Christoph Kübel,
Uwe Raschke, Wolf-Henning Scheider, Dr. Werner Struth, Peter Tyroller