[Discuss-gnuradio] Testing an GRC project runs nearly 200% CPU

From: Andreas Ladanyi
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Testing an GRC project runs nearly 200% CPU
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 22:38:44 +0100

Hi,

iam testing an UKW Radio Receiver GRC project (gr-rds) on bananapi. The application starts. The tuned radio station sounds clicking. Changing any parameter in the GUI is very difficult/slow.

top tells me a memory usage about 20 %. CPU usage is nearly 200 % (bananapi has 2 CPUs). At any webside i read that working with no throttle blocks could run a CPU to maximum. In my project which iam testing i see no throttle blocks. I am not sure if that could be the reason because iam working on the bananapis real hardware ?

Is there something wrong with the sample rate ?

Andreas