[Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Companion QT GUI Window Quit Immediately

From: xu shunyi
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Companion QT GUI Window Quit Immediately
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 18:33:45 -0700

Hi,

I am new to GNU Radio, so I built a FM receiver to get started on the journey. I created the following .grc file, and when I clicked <<Execute>>, I saw the QT GUI window pop up and exit immediately. The sound came out only for less than a second and disappeared as the window sank. I've researched this problem in this forum awhile, and someone suggested it's probably due to multiple versions of gnuradio installed. But I cleaned everything related to uhd and gnuradio in my /usr/local directories, and reinstalled via the script "build-gnuradio", it still didn't work. So could you confirm with me whether this is the reason of my problem, and if so, where can I check to find the conflicted version? And what do you suggest me do?

I can do uhd_fft successfully, which opens up a window and never quit.

I am using ubuntu 14.04, usrp b210. I used "build-gnuradio" to install everything. It turned out that grc is 3.7.6.1, with uhd being 3.8.1

Here's the output of doing <<Execute>>. It ended with "DONE", and windows quit
linux; GNU C++ version 4.8.2; Boost_105400; UHD_003.008.001-105-g91ae742f

-- Operating over USB 3.
-- Detecting internal GPSDO.... No GPSDO found
-- Initialize CODEC control...
-- Initialize Radio control...
-- Performing register loopback test... pass
-- Performing register loopback test... pass
-- Performing CODEC loopback test... pass
-- Performing CODEC loopback test... pass
-- Asking for clock rate 32.000000 MHz...
-- Actually got clock rate 32.000000 MHz.
-- Performing timer loopback test... pass
-- Performing timer loopback test... pass
-- Setting master clock rate selection to 'automatic'.
-- Successfully tuned to 107.300000 MHz
--
Using Volk machine: avx_64_mmx_orc

>>> Done