[Discuss-gnuradio] volk atan

From: Mostafa Alizadeh
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] volk atan
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 17:56:46 +0330

Hi everybody,

I'm using "volk_32fc_s32f_atan2_32f_a" to compute phase of signal. It's important to know: what is the output phase interval of this function? Is it within [-pi/2,pi/2] as an standard atan function?

This shows its importance when we're dealing with quadrature modulations when you need to wrap the phase between [0,2pi] interval instead of [-pi/2,pi/2].

As I see the output of this function, it also has the phase greater than pi/2, so I guess it automatically wrap the phase. I didn't see any hint about this on the comments, so to be sure, I asked this.

Best,
Mostafa