Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio on Zedboard

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio on Zedboard
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 16:50:53 -0700

On 03/31/2015 11:39 AM, Alireza Khodamoradi wrote:
> Philip,
>
> I got it working. For some reason if I use *Ubuntu's Archive Manager* on my
> laptop to uncompress the .xz file, it doesn't work!
>
> I had to uncompress it by this command: *unxz -d
> sdimage-8G-zedboard.direct.xz* in order to get it work.
>
> Now I have a linux running on the zedboard with the gnu-radio. But I can't
> get the VGA to work - I have to use UART to connect to the linux - I saw it
> has *startx* , is there any way for me to get the VGA working?

I'd ask on the meta-xilinx list. We use hte BSP from Xilinx, which I do
not think has support for the video display. For that you need a special
driver (and I believe you need some stuff in the fpga). The build we
have doesn't depend on anything loaded in the fpga.

Philip

> Thank you,
> Alireza
>
> On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 6:54 AM, Philip Balister <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
>> On 03/19/2015 10:48 AM, Alireza Khodamoradi wrote:
>>> Here are the files I have in the FAT partition (boot):
>>>
>>> 1- boot.bin
>>> 2- u-boot.img
>>> 3- uEnv.txt
>>> 4- uImage