Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Empty volk directory when I git gnuradio

From: Tom McDermott
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Empty volk directory when I git gnuradio
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2015 08:51:35 -0700

When I clone from the gnuradio repository:

git clone
--recursive http://git.gnuradio.org/git/gnuradio.git

The clone succeeds. It is on the master branch.  I can checkout next, and switch back and forth
between next and master. However when I attempt to checkout maint, git says the checkout is aborted
because the untracked working tree (everything in volk) would be overwritten by the maint checkout.

$ git checkout maint
error: The following untracked working tree files would be overwritten by checkout:
    volk/CMakeLists.txt
    volk/apps/CMakeLists.txt
    .... many line of volk/ contents ...

Aborting

Any advice on how to get to the maint version?

-- Tom, N5EG