Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Compiling gnuradio from source on GENTOO Linux fa

From: Tomaž Šolc
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Compiling gnuradio from source on GENTOO Linux failed
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 13:57:01 +0200

Dear Meino

On 12. 04. 2015 15:49, address@hidden wrote:
> If I install gnuradio nontheless and starting gnuradio-companion
> it shows a dialog displaying this:

> Cannot import gnuradio.
>
> Is the python path environment variable set correctly?
>     All OS: PYTHONPATH
>
> Is the library path environment variable set correctly?
>     Linux: LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>     Windows: PATH
>     MacOSX: DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
> and after pressing CLOSE it ends.
>
> I set PYTHONPATH to /usr/lib64/python2.7 and
> added /usr/local/lib64 to ld.so.config but that
> does not change anything. Even without setting PYTHONPATH
> explicitely no other python application shows problems...

Like gnuradio-companion's dialog says, this looks like Python can't find
your GR installation.

Try running "python" and then type "import gnuradio". You shouldn't get
any errors if everything has been installed correctly:

$ python
Python 2.7.8 (default, Oct 18 2014, 12:50:18)
[GCC 4.9.1] on linux2
>>> import gnuradio

If this fails, check where GR's Python modules got installed. Python
modules should be in a directory named "gnuradio" that has contents
similar to this:

$ ls gnuradio
__init__.py
__init__.pyc
__init__.pyo
analog
atsc
audio
blocks

Make sure that the directory above the "gnuradio" directory is in the
Python's include path (paths listed in PYTHONPATH and the default
include paths for your system).

For example, if you find
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio", try putting
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages" in PYTHONPATH.

Best regards
Tomaž