[Discuss-gnuradio] How do I use the Gnuradio GRC XML RPC client or serve

From: numeric
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] How do I use the Gnuradio GRC XML RPC client or server components?
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 19:48:14 -0700 (MST)

How do I use the Gnuradio GRC XML RPC client or server components?

Please understand, I know nothing about networking, client, server, rpc,
marshaling, sockets, Python and all newer programming environments. However;
I do know C,C++ and understand Windows messaging, wait for single object,
wait for multiple objects and similar Windows API stuff. Not sure if there
is a counterpart in Linux.
I want to use an external program, written in Pascal, running on the same
machine and independent from Gnuradio, to control variables on the GRC flow
graph. Specifically, I want to control the frequency, gain and more as
needed of an Ettus B200 SDR. The Pascal program runs natively, on Ubuntu
Linux; it does not require wine or any other Windows emulation. I know this
may be difficult, as most examples are scripted in Python.
Any help is greatly appreciated.