Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRCon15: Hotels

From: Ben Reynwar
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRCon15: Hotels
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 10:40:05 -0700

There are also two hostels nearby for about $35/night.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/hostel+near+Center+for+Strategic+and+International+Studies/@38.9065175,-77.0376912,15z

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 9:41 AM, Michael Dickens <address@hidden> wrote:
In case folks are wondering, there are quite a few hotels and other
lodging places within easy walking distance of the GRCon15 venue: the
Center for Strategic and International Studies [1]. For whatever reason,
places of lodging near the CSIS are quite reasonably priced for
Washington, DC right now: typically $110 to $180 / night before taxes &
such [2]. There will be no conference-sponsored group-rate hotels, given
these prices. So, knowing that GRCon15 is August 24 through 28, book
your lodging sooner rather than later to lock in these prices! We will
also include this information on the GRCon15 website, which we're
actively working on. - MLD

Suggested Hotels:

a) Courtyard Washington Embassy Row
1600 Rhode Island Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20036
Rates starting at $169/night
<
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/wasem-courtyard-washington-embassy-row/

b) The Beacon Hotel
1615 Rhode Island Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20036
Rates starting at $140/night.  Book 45 days in advance for the best
rate.
<
http://www.beaconhotelwdc.com/default.aspx?pg=home&hid=587&vl=516d3e7f-095e-4f30-9ea9-2d59b250405f

[1] CSIS, 1616 Rhode Island Avenue NW, Washington, DC
< http://csis.org/about-us/conference-center-csis/ >

[2] Google Maps: hotels near CSIS with prices for August 23 -> 29
<
https://www.google.com/maps/search/hotels/@38.906542,-77.0377236,17z/data="">