Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] control port on 3.7.8 ?

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] control port on 3.7.8 ?
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 09:53:56 -0400

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 7:28 PM, Achilleas Anastasopoulos <address@hidden> wrote:
OK, so cmake cannot find thrift, which is reasonable because i didn't build it...

So, I followed the instructions on building thrift and
configure returns

thrift 0.9.2

Building C++ Library ......... : no
Building C (GLib) Library .... : yes
Building Java Library ........ : yes
Building C# Library .......... : no
Building Python Library ...... : yes
Building Ruby Library ........ : no
Building Haskell Library ..... : no
Building Perl Library ........ : no
Building PHP Library ......... : yes
Building Erlang Library ...... : no
Building Go Library .......... : no
Building D Library ........... : no
Building NodeJS Library ...... : no
Building Lua Library ......... : no

Java Library:
   Using javac ............... : javac
   Using java ................ : java
   Using ant ................. : /usr/bin/ant

Python Library:
   Using Python .............. : /usr/bin/python

PHP Library:
   Using php-config .......... :

If something is missing that you think should be present,
please skim the output of configure to find the missing
component.  Details are present in config.log.

Is the C++ library necessary?

The config.log file says that it needs boost 1.54.0 or greater, for some files. Can this be the reason the C++ library is not built?

thanks
Achilleas

Here's the Thrift webpage for the installation dependencies:
https://thrift.apache.org/docs/install/

It /says/ it only requires Boost 1.53. The libevent and zlib are optional dependencies, but you'll want to have the libevent, which I believe can be installed with "yum install libevent-devel" on Fedora.

If it really is complaining about Boost 1.53 and saying it needs 1.54, that's either a bug in their build script or their documentation.

Tom