Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Syncronising transmitting and receiving streams t

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Syncronising transmitting and receiving streams to and from a USRP
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 09:53:40 -0700

A couple of pointers:

- This is a bit like radar, where you want to time rx and tx in sync
very tightly. Check out the gr-radar toolbox as an example how to do this.
- You can evaluate and write tags to control the transmission time of
bursts. Check out the gr-uhd manual for tag names.

...I wish I had more advice right now; and I'm still thinking about when
the USRP source produces tags. If you're running it as a full duplex
block (i.e. rx is 'on' permanently), I'm not sure the tx/rx switching
would incur tags, because the GR block wouldn't know about that.