Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] dual receiver setup for interferometry measuremen

From: mleech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] dual receiver setup for interferometry measurements
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 14:45:42 -0400

This is largely because this $10.00-apiece hardware was never designed for this class of application.  When you're doings things that require phase-coherence, you have to design your radios to support it.

There are at least two PLLs involved here--one on the R820T chip, and another, as far as I can tell, in the RTL2832U chip, which does the conversion to baseband from the low-IF of the R820T.

I was never able to get my RTL receivers to be phase-coherent in any useful way, there was always a slow phase drift, that was unpredictable.