Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SDRA, Programme complete

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SDRA, Programme complete
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 16:45:07 +0200

Hi Iluta,

over German Railroad (Deutsche Bahn)'s website www.bahn.de you can plan and book train tickets from both München and Zürich Flughafen (==airport); just checked, takes about two hours and 30 € to get from Zurich airport to Friedrichshafen Stadt. If you get a connection including a transport called "Schiff", you'll be taking a ferry over the Lake Constance (Bodensee). Depending on the weather, that might be a nice trip :)
Munich airport (München Flughafen) -- Friedrichshafen Stadt takes a little less than four hours, I'd estimate.
There's Stuttgart Flughafen (3 hours by train), and possibly Basel EuroAirport (about 4 hours by train).
In fact, Friedrichshafen does have an international airport (to my own surprise) that at least Lufthansa services.
The biggest German airport is Frankfurt Flughafen (FRA), and if you take a fast train, you'll reach Friedrichshafen in but 3:30h -- so if in doubt, Frankfurt is your choice. You might want to stay away from Frankfurt/Hahn (HHN), that's the discount airport somewhere in the middle of nowhere, and not really close to Frankfurt.

Liechtenstein (the whole country) is about 2 times as big as Friedrichshafen; they didn't try to squeeze an airport into that :D

by the way, google.com/flights lets you choose FDH as target airport, and add nearby airports so you can quickly chose cheap/comfortable flights.

Best regards,
Marcus